Wisdom Tooth Extraction:
Most people grow 32 permanent adult teeth. Wisdom teeth also known as third molars usually develop later in life around age of 16. However, many times the jaws are too small to accommodate wisdom teeth and they need to be removed.
At Prime Dental Group Thornbury we provide highly professional wisdom tooth extraction service.
Our attentive and detail oriented surgeon guide’s our patients through their treatment from initial consultation to follow up appointments to ensure optimal results.
At our dental clinic Thornbury we believe every patient is unique and our service is all about you, your health and your treatment success.
We provide various types of anesthesia for wisdom tooth extractions. If you prefer to be unaware of experience during wisdom teeth extraction or when indicated, we provide treatment under general anesthesia and sedation. Our experienced Thornbury dentist will discuss with you the anesthesia types during consultation appointment.
For further information about this service or to book appointment, please contact us on 94409430.
What is an impacted wisdom tooth?
When there is not enough space in jaw for wisdom teeth to develop then they are unable to erupt into the proper position for chewing and cleaning. They remain in the jaw and they are called impacted wisdom teeth.
Types of impacted wisdom teeth
Type of impaction will be assessed during a clinical examination and with radiographs. The impaction types can be any of the followings:
- Complete bony impaction: when no space in jaw for wisdom tooth then they remain in jaw bone.
- Partial bony impaction: when the space is still insufficient but allows the wisdom tooth to partially appear in mouth. As result the wisdom tooth is not in proper chewing function and creates problems such as cleaning difficulty, decay in adjacent tooth, swelling and many more other issues.
- Soft tissue impaction: when no room for the gum to retract, therefore the gum still remains on the wisdom tooth and causes cleaning problems.
Side Effects of Impacted Wisdom Tooth:
- Swelling in the jaw
- Pain in the jaw
- Bleeding gums
- Inflamed and irritated gums
- Bad breath
- Loss of gums or bones
- Damage to surrounding structures
If you experience any of the above mentioned systems, we recommend having your wisdom tooth extracted.
Benefitsof Wisdom Tooth Extraction:
- Removing your wisdom tooth reduces the likelihood of orthodontic problems from arising.
- It prevents damage to your adjacent teeth and the need for undergoing root canal treatment.
- It helps you to stay away from inflammation, infection, gum diseases and other oral health hazards that are caused by impacted wisdom tooth.
- Wisdom tooth removal prevents overcrowding and misalignment of teeth, giving you a beautiful smile.
- Removing impacted wisdom tooth prevents the formation of tumors and cysts that affect the jawbone and cause serious pain in temporomandibular joint.
It helps alleviating pressure, lessens gum sensitivity, relieves tooth sensitivity, prevents cavities and reduces orofacial pain.
Our professional Thornbury dentists provide thorough and compassionate care throughout your wisdom teeth removal treatment. To make appointment with our dentists please contact us on 03 94409430 or book online.